Re: Obama

>You just said you haven't lived in this country for the past 7 years,
>right? Well, first of all--lucky you.

If you hate it that much come live in a country where you don't quite have
the freedoms and rights you take for granted in the US.

> I find it astonishing, however, that you would be so presumptuous to
> assume that people who voted for Obama have been "brainwashed" or
> "tricked" (to quote an earlier email you wrote) without having been here
> to witness the process play out.

The characteristics rarely tell anything but the truth of it,
behaviourally.
How about the tear-stained people going on about how Obama would solve
their
gas bill problem?  What's that?

> I'm not an idiot. I have a Ph.D from one of the finest institutions in
>the
> world bar none. No one brainwashed me before I cast my vote.

So you might be an educated idiot but I didn't call you one, did I?

> But, fyi, Obama wasn't who I voted for in the primaries. But I support
>him
> despite some reservations I have had about his qualifications. More than
> that, though, I understand the importance of the historical moment, and
> feel like a very dark could has begun to lift over this country. I don't
> understand your insistence on having such contempt for the process and
>the
> clear, overwhelming mandate for change that more than half this country
> voted for.

Your assumption that I would act like a Democrat following the 2000 or
2004
elections is probably not more than a theoristic mistake.  "Change"?  What
change precisely can you refer to?

>>Besides the emotional rush do you think there will be anything else
>>Americans will get from him?

> Of course. But let time be the judge. Much better days are ahead. It
>just
> might take a long time to get there thanks to the shit hole we're living
> in at present.

Oh, it's so AWFUL in the US huh?  Like I said many times since moving to
the
UK, every American should have the chance to be deprived of his liberties
and freedoms, by the simple act of living outside the US.
SP Goodman
*
http://www.youtube.com/spgoodman
http://www.youtube.com/enturbulata