Re: Obama

>You know SP Goodman. We have been eating the shit sandwich that 'W.' has
>been feeding us for the last 8 years. You can be bitter all you want, but
>think this election speaks volumes about the American people.

Using that language you sound more bitter than I could possibly be, at
least
in your mind.  Yeah, the American People may have pulled a Carter here.  I
can only hope for the best, and wait for O-Man's cracks in the thin vaneer
of his image to show.

> I am so proud of this country after 8 yrs of tremendous shame and
> unchecked aggression.

Because a lot of people succumbed to a superior marketing machine that
never
really told you anything about the man?

> However, now that Obama is president elect it is time to hold him to his
> word and I am ready to do that.

I'll wait for that too.  An interesting analysis of the vote I read here -
and not a lot of Brits know the slightest thing about the American
political
process, frankly, though they love vaguely blathering on about how awful
it
is - pinpointed the demographics of those who voted for the Big O,
children
of Baby Boomers.  Such folks haven't known what the column referred to it
as
"the politics of scarcity", having been raised in comparatively prosperous
surroundings, with the biggest thing they ever worried about being the
cost
of gas.  While I don't think it's that black-and-white (am I allowed to
say
that now?), I think it's an issue.

The Anonymous I have protested with against the Scientology cult here in
England - mostly between ages 16-30 - are not knife-wielding yobs with
pregnant 'partners' in running suits, but rather young people with an
interest in the future, without the bullshit fed to us every day by PR
departments.  I can at least hope, while having been out of the US for
over
seven years since my last visit, that the students persuaded to vote for
O-Man (by supposedly impartial people who wore their Obama buttons while
signing up people to vote) may well be more aware than their silly parents
were, more discriminating, and willing to call O-Man on his lies, when he
tells them.  If they do they'll display a lot more courage and integrity
than the press has.

SP Goodman
*
http://www.youtube.com/spgoodman