Re: (OT) Obama

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mech" <mech@m3ch.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: (OT) Obama

> At 12:47 AM -0500 11/5/08, Jim Goodin wrote:
>>On 11/4/08, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:
>>>  Hallelujah!
>>
>>Echo'd pretty jubulant here in ny. My wife and I were at an election
>>watching party tonight and as soon as the California polls closed, the
>>exit polls moment later declared and the house I was at just lit up
>>cheers.  Really feels like something amazing has transpired.
>
> I'd like to be as ecstatic; I really would.  However, this is *exactly*
> how things felt after Bill Clinton won the first time --
> exorcising the world from the 12 previous years of Reagan/Bush hell. We
> thought all that was put behind us.  That it was okay to celebrate and
> start to re-build the country again.  Then, after his two terms, where
> were we?  Back into the sh*t all over again.
>
> So today/tonight, celebrate.  Eat, drink and be merry.  Rejoice in this
> victory for the moment.  But keep in mind that the same people who
>dragged
> us down for the last 8 years are still out there.  And even now, they're
> probably already plotting on how they're going to come back over the
>next
> 4 years to take it all back again.
>
> Not trying to be a downer.  But let's just say I'm *very cautiously*
> optimistic.

Thank you.  I was beginning to feel a little alone here.

If O-Man is placed in a position where he actually has to DO something
instead of talk about it with religious fervor, I will be watching with
interest at least.  There will be a lot of people on both sides of the
aisle, so to speak, watching his every move.  Let's hope the Gubmint lets
the public see, instead of running smoke screens like the Clintons are so
good at.

As a cartoonist I will no doubt have to use more ink to do work about our
new Prez, but at least I can't be accused of being a racist for that.  Or
will I?

Well, it's Guy Fawkes night in the UK, the anniversary of a failed (quite
passionate but nearly incompetent) effort to blow up the Houses of
Parliament years ago.  "Everyone remember the fifth of November," I think
it
goes.

In the 21st Century Guy Fawkes' masks are used for a variety of purposes,
most recently to be Anonymous when picketing the vicious Scientology cult.

As an American I love the chance to blow stuff up, though I won't be
celebrating for Obama's camp tonight.  I'll be celebrating the relative
liberty of people to, hundreds of years later, celebrate a plot to
overthrow
a despotic government that acts (erps, acted!) in contempt of its own
people.  Forget the Catholic thing, it's rather removed from what the
celebration is today.

Kaboom, folks.
SP Goodman
*