Re: (OT) Obama

At 12:47 AM -0500 11/5/08, Jim Goodin wrote:
>On 11/4/08, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:
>>  Hallelujah!
>
>Echo'd pretty jubulant here in ny. My wife and I were at an election
>watching party tonight and as soon as the California polls closed, the
>exit polls moment later declared and the house I was at just lit up
>cheers.  Really feels like something amazing has transpired.

I'd like to be as ecstatic; I really would.  However, this is
*exactly* how things felt after Bill Clinton won the first time --
exorcising the world from the 12 previous years of Reagan/Bush hell.
We thought all that was put behind us.  That it was okay to celebrate
and start to re-build the country again.  Then, after his two terms,
where were we?  Back into the sh*t all over again.

So today/tonight, celebrate.  Eat, drink and be merry.  Rejoice in
this victory for the moment.  But keep in mind that the same people
who dragged us down for the last 8 years are still out there.  And
even now, they're probably already plotting on how they're going to
come back over the next 4 years to take it all back again.

Not trying to be a downer.  But let's just say I'm *very cautiously*
optimistic.

        --m.
--
_____
"when you think your dreams are shattered, it's time to dream new dreams"