Re: Thanks to all for Y2K8

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Krispen Hartung <info@krispenhartung.com> wrote:

Many of us go to the event, watch people perform for several hours, play our 1-2 sets, and then go home, but we never get much chance to cross-pollinate the artistic love, man. We are all together at the event, but not really together in the personal sense. There are many musicians who I would have loved to play with at prior festivals (Luis, Matt D., Per, Matthias, Dan S,  Chris C, Leander, Erdem, Arild, Michael K, just to name a few), even record with to lay down material for potential CDs.  It would be cool if we could setup a back room playing area and a sign-up list, so that musicians playing at the festival could play and record with each other.   Just think of the potential for collaboration. Amazong. I may even decide to to this at my next festival here in Boise.

Kris

I would like this too - but it depends on a couple of things, mainly enough space and enough people so that the jams don't leave the scheduled performances too sparsely-attended. when i played at Electro-music 2007 in Philly last year, they had an entire community center with 2 performance rooms and a demo room downstairs, and a jam room upstairs, and enough people to attend all of the events. I have to say, it was pretty cool.