Re: Why Hardware?

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Warren Sirota <wsirota@wsdesigns.com>
wrote:
> I love the nostalgic feeling of looping through this same discussion
> every year. :-)
>
> From my experiences selling SlowGold software against less-capable
> hardware competitors that kicked my butt, I've come to the conclusion
> that there are hw folks and there are sw folks, and most guitarists
> are hw folks.
>
> Warren

Yes, NOstalgia is the word! In the studio recording world we had this
discussion about a decade earlier. It went "if synthesizers were
available as software to be hosted by a computer - would you use
that?". However, besides the hw folks and the sw folks there were also
some guys saying "whatever does the job best".

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)