Re: Y2K8: Software Loopers and Hardware Loopers

i perform only with software now. but previous to that i was a
repeater looper as many of you know.

in my experience it takes subtantially longer to make it all work on
the computer.
there are multiple reasons for this. for example...

...midi control of the software might be obtuse or lacking.
...or, now you need multiple shareware apps working together to do a
single, simple thing you might have previously done with a hardware
looper.
....or, if you are relying on shareware, there might be little or no
documentation
...often, there are bugs. what you are doing might be so specific
that you will be the one to find those bugs. you might not know at
first if you did something wrong, or if it was a bug.

i'd say i spend far more time online trying to find answers, because
i have no manual to thumb through.

still, i'm not going back. i enjoyed being able pack my gear in a
carry-on this last month!!