Re: My FCB was stolen, by a complete moron!

At 9:27 AM -0500 11/3/08, Chris Sewell wrote:
>Now this idiot reaches down, grabs my FCB which I keep in a Fender
>Cyber pedalboard bag, and takes off through the back door.
>At first I wasn't sure what he grabbed, thinking it was my Macbook,
>I take off. Then I notice it was the FCB bag. Not willing to risk
>further theft I let him go.

Good move.  I don't think he had an accomplice, given your
description, but the first guy always could've been a decoy so a
second could step up and snarf the really good stuff.

FWIW, I'd have a couple of friends back you up for the next show or
two (preferably rather large friends).  That's one thing about
criminals, especially the stupid ones.  They frequently figure that
you've got to get a replacement for whatever it is they just ripped
off, so they very well might turn up for a second shot at your gear.
If you've got a couple of well-placed friends, they can grab the guy
and you can all have fun twisting his arms out of their sockets....

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of