Day of the Dead Performance

I played a really fun gig the other night with my colleague, sax friend Brian McFadin. It was a performance held at a Jewish Synagogue hall, the first performance open to non-congregation members. There were four acts, all playing to pay tribute to musicians who had passed away in the last few years. I dedicated our performance to Derek Bailey. The first act was in the Noise genre, two guys using their laptops to process the sound track of Forbidden Planet, with the movie running as a backdrop....very cool. The second act was an old school country band, like the 1930's to 1950's stuff. We played next, and then next group was more rock/blues/psychedelic rock. Great span of genres.

Anyway, here is our set. I was much more minimalist with the effects than usul, but was using my random max/msp looper the whole time. Very enjoyable and dynamic set for me, and one of the few where I felt "in the moment" almost the entire time.

Kris