Re: Software Loopers and Hardware Loopers

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Krispen Hartung
<info@krispenhartung.com> wrote:
> Here is an interesting correlation, maybe. In past years, I noticed that
>the
> avant-garde, experiemental loopers tended to use more laptops. Remember
>the
> year when Jeff Kaiser and I played together? There were a lot more laptop
> users then, if my recollection is correct.  This year, I felt as there
>were
> fewer avant-garde loopers...explaining less laptops? I am not sure. This
>is
> just a hypothosis. Personally, I liked it when you brought in more of
>the outside players, Rick.

Kris, did you by "outside loopers" mean people that make music out of
the box, ie looking for new land rather than sticking with a
tradition? If so I have no comment. But if "outside loopers" means
players coming from outside the US there is a simple logistic
explanation: Expensive flight tickets for gear and rigid security
regulations just rule out players armed with hardware boxes, leaving
the laptoppers to swarm the air.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
(former EDP/Repeater/filterbank/mixer hauler now swarming with the
laptop locust)