AW: Video Visualization in Windows Media Player activated by audio

> Actually after some thinking (and Halloween, we had 350 kids come to the
door last night!), it comes to me that something similar to this is what
the

> WinAmp player originally supported with Shoutcast... You'd run the app on
the same machine you used WinAmp to listen to it.  The Shoutcast 'server'
of

> sorts ran itself in an encapsulated process, and presented itself as an
active stream.  Wasn't there a way to take ports like //linein as input as
well?  > I haven't fiddled with it in a while.

You had to run three individual programs, if I remember correctly: first
the
streaming source which fed the shoutcast server with a stream, then the
shoutcast (icecast) server, and then winamp, but yes, it works.

        Rainer