Re: Presonus firebox and Mobius help

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Jeffrey Larson <jeff@zonemobius.com>
wrote:
> Doesn't the RME have a way to merge multiple physical inputs into a
> single pair of virtual inputs for the audio application?  I could
> have sworn you could do this on the MOTU, but I'm having trouble
> remembering.

Not for applications inputs, only for direct sound card outputs. At
least MainStage and Logic fetches the audio stream directly at the
input, no matter how you set the routing in the RME FireMixer.

> Maybe you could do this:
>
>  - set up a "bus" merging multiple inputs to the SPDIF output
>  - physically connect the SPDIF output to the SPDIF input
>  - open the SPDIF input in a Mobius track

Yes, I thought about that - but I decided to do precisely that routing
with physical cables instead (to stay clear from internal routing
feedback).

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen