Re: Lurker surfacing with OT Question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shayne Cafferata" <scafferata@sasktel.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: Lurker surfacing with OT Question

> i'll put in another vote for "the pearl" with harold budd, michael
>brook,
> and i think daniel lanois was on that album too. back when i had a life,
> used to use it as an aid for writing. the "music for films" albums are
> great too. and if you like the pearl, check out harold budd's recordings.
> is there an eno album that sucks? i can't really think of an entire
>album
> that i don't like. but then, i haven't heard anything of his after 2000.

When "Neroli" came out I had been using the DigiTech 7.6 Time Machine to
lay
down loopage and, to see if it stood up to casual ambient use, would let
the
loop run for days at times.  After listening to the album my first
response
was "I can do this", and my second was a feeling of disappointment in the
album for this.  I suppose it's got its own place in the Eno pantheon but
that was the only time I had that reaction to it.