From: Byron Howell <howell.byron@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:29:19 PM
Subject: Portable recording device

Hi Loopers

A request for advice from all the gear junkies on this list. I am
packing up for a while; the drums, P.A system, loopers, midi
controlllers etc.... going into storage to enable a bit of foot loose
and fancy free traveling.

I will be taking with my macbook, (cant function without that),
however i dont want to lug any extra gear such as microphones,
interfaces etc.....The performer is going on hold for a while and i am
restricting myself to whatever sound creations i can do in the
software environment. One backpack must contain everything for
survival.

I am looking for a portable recorder to record samples of
environments, conversations, backgroud noises etc..of the various
places i visit. I would have to be as small as possible, able to
record quality audio and be able to tranfer the data to my mac.

Price is always a matter of concern, but since i am funneling my
entire music creation down to one recording device, it does deserve
some hard saving so i am willing to spend.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Byron