Re: Mobius first impressions... and questions.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Luca Formentini <luca@unguitar.com>
wrote:

> -volume: I keep the output volume of each track to "110" instead of
>"127".

We all have different tastes according to the sound cards we use.... I
use "90" as Mobus max volume. This sounds good when merging a full
Mobius mix with my live playing (through the computer). My Mobius
track plus live input playing is merged at an output stage of a three
band multi compressor before the soundīcard stereo output that goes to
the house PA.

> -Speed change is still something Mobius ( dear Jeff) has to develop
>further,

My experience with speed (or "rate" as it's called in Mobius) is just
excellent! I use it for "scratching", for HalfSpeed and for quick
scripted 32 note speed jumping.

Pitch is not working well though. Probably because it needs the
additional time-stretching to be instantly performed by that poor
bastid see-pee-uuh.

Personally I love speeding parallel loops against each other, for both
tonal and poly rhythm reasons. I love speed (!) but don't really care
about pitch. So I'm not sorry that pitch is down (!!!)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)