Re: The ethics of software emulations?

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Chris Sewell <midifriedchicken@comcast.net> wrote:

As a user of both free, open source sw and expensive, highly secure instruments and effects, I can say with 100% certainty, that the expensive software with elaborate security is far better.

Hmmm... that however is far from MY experience... Im just gonna say....

Adobe CS3

...need I say more?

My motto... Why pay thru the nose to a company who HAS to charge so much for their product, even though its just an upgrade from a product that is 10 years old, and just grown, not got better. when you can get something cool, new, slim for free or damn cheap??? If you like the product.. pay the guys!!!!

Mark

PS: Jim thanks for the nice things about the film Sognsvann... Check out "Cold".. same location, same concept, different time of year (horrible compressing in YouTube, these are HD quality on my comp... and time lapse is the worse thing you could wish to compress)... and the film I made last year in California was a documentary about Patagonia, the clothing company based out of Ventura. http://www.livingthebrand.org/user/Patagonia.html

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://uk.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe