Re: Electric Ouds

RIck,

Hamza has been the introduction to the oud for a number of us, apparently. I met him when he came to UT/Austin, first for a concert and later as part of a semester-long music seminar. Al-oud was a natural, as I was already playing lute (yes, one with TIED frets) but it was his use of the tar that opened my eyes ...

And don't feel badly, I couldn't tell whether Lindley's oud was fretted or not from that YT video ... (I doubt that it was fretted ... Lindley seems to forthright to do something like that ... not to be pedantic, but I agree: it ain't an oud with frets ... that's called a lute!)

Best,

Dennis