re: Electric Ouds

Tim wrote:

"Not the bouzouki he's playing in the opening part, nor the Weissenborn
he's playing later, but the Najarian electric oud he's holding during the
interview: it has no frets..."

Doh!!!!     It always helps to watch everything to be well informed.

That'll teach me to try to participate on this list while I'm in the thick
of coordinating and publicizing this looping festival.

LOL,  that's two Walker brothers gaffs in a single day..........
it makes me both cringe and chuckle fondly at the thought of a farm league
baseball game that Bill and I both lost in one play for our previously
leading team
when we were little boys.    The Walker Brothers will shine again,
though........
stay tuned for NEW DELTA at the Y2K8 Loopfest!!!!

Rick

ps  I'm incredibly lucky to have had David invites us up to play with him
at a
music festival in Santa Cruz a few years back.     My dear friend,
Debhashish Battycharya,
and I had just done a completely improvised duet performance right before
Lyndley took the
stage with his percussionist.     I had been on the short list to play
with David
several years back and went to meet him to discuss it,  but he made his
decision the day
before I was to meet with him in Northern California and that was that.
Fortunately,  his wonderful current percussionist Wally Ingram has beaten
cancer and is playing with him again.   It was a real treat to sit in with
him at that show. They were very gracious and fun
to play with....we rocked it and Debhashish was nothing short of brilliant
that day.