Re: Its a tuner, its a glitch pedal, its both!

William Walker wrote:
> Though I have had my trusty Korg DT-7 tuner for several years now, I’ve
> only recently been using it for a purpose it wasn’t intended for. It has
> an extra ¼ jack that you can plug in and on off switch for silent
> tuning. If you plug in a momentary switch like a boss fs5u, you get a
> glitch pedal that will give you the ability to create stuttering
> textures just as fast or slow as your little feet can tap.. I was just
> using the effect while playing really languid lap steel melodies and the
> loops I created sounded like a cat with a speech impediment. boss!
>
>  Incidentally another cool pedal that seems to have intriguing
> possibilities is the new Hot Hand Midi-EXP from Source Audio. This
> product gives you wireless midi expression control, ( as in a ring
> controller on your finger and a wireless receiver attached to the pedal)
> over any device that accepts midi Continuous Controllers, and effects
> with expression pedal ports like the Eventide pedals, and Line 6
> modelers. Imagine being able to use everything from subtle to wild hand
> gestures to change parameters like delay feedback and pitch shift,
> rather than being tethered to an expression pedal. Imagine being able to
> change several parameters at once. Yikes, the mind boggles…
>
>  Bill

Thanks BIll.  That hothand thingy looks pretty interesting, just wish
the ring was a bit smaller..

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hothand/midi_exp.php
Product demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95rPQc7x8YU
Guitar demo, with their hothand controlled wah and flanger:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbYsD7cX9E0&feature=related
   - Hendrix would've killed for it ;)
   - Looks like good therapy against back problems too..
Chuck (moe) demoing hothand with other gear:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO9k7Pt_Bq4&feature=related

--
rgds,
van Sinn