] [Thread Prev
Rang 3 update
I've been holding out for this since my Echoplex was stolen last year.
Here's a reply I got from Mike at Boomerang
> I was wondering if you still plan to make a Rang 3.
> Would it be ready by the end of the year?
If you've been following our progress you know we've set a few
and missed them all, but I
believe we are actually getting very close. Here's a bit of info on our
We have all the parts to make a few hundred units. The circuit boards
parts soldered on. The hold
up is finishing the software which has proven to be quite complex.
Here's what we have so far:
* 3 or 4 loops, your choice
* stacking with undo/redo - "stacking" is adding parts to a loop
* erase one or all loops - also a loop can be erased while another plays
* copy loop - a loop can be copied while it or another one plays
* copy live - this enables "re-sampling" and is very powerful; the pedal's
routed to a new loop
* octave - loop plays at half speed and an octave lower
* reverse - loop plays backwards
* once - loop plays one time through then stops
* fade - loops fade in or out with one button press; fades can be 1-60
* reverse solo - this is an effect and enables you to create reverse leads
* Serial play style - loops play one after the other like the Rang(TM) Plus
* 48KHz sample rate with 20 bit samples
What's left to do:
= Sync play style - all loops can play simultaneously and are synced so
= Free play style - all loops can play simultaneously and are not synced;
great for ambient sounds
= stereo recording and playback
= 24KHz sample rate with 20 bit samples
= output options using Smart jacks - the III senses which jacks are being
= Thru Mute function - turns off through signal
All of the remaining tasks are fairly easy with the exception of Sync
style, so I think we're on
course for an October delivery.
Secretary/Treasurer, Boomerang Management, Inc.
General Partner of Boomerang Musical Products, Ltd.
"Some products make you sound better;
the Boomerang(R) Phrase Sampler makes you play better."