mobius and RME souncard optimizing

I was fooling around yesterday with mobius and having great fun,somehow i
feel a lot more at home with it at the moment than with the looperlative
maybe because i ve looped with the EDP for quite long.The thing that keeps
me from using it though is the latency issue when triggering the functions
with the fcb1010,is there a way to optimize this better? ive been
seriously thinking going laptop and RME fw400 but everytime the latency
issues make me think about it twice before i make the move.
Also mobius seems to work with MME direct sound driver only,when i choose
ASIO i get no sound,is this the driver you are working with for those of
you using RME?
cheers
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom