Re: Re: AW: elec gtr setup - to simplify

Just to be sure I get this right: hobbyist automaticall and infailably
means "he don't know the difference", or basically, don't know shit?

I really don't get it why somebody, just to dream up an example, who holds
a university degree both in music and engineering and has spent
considerable time characterizing and evaluating audio systems, by
manufacturers that are believed by many (even people with a garage) to be
among the best of their kind, and as part of that has actually spent a lot
of effort into devising tests that don't fool you as easily as the tube
amp in a (most probably not properly treated) garage (especially if you
already made up your mind before you started the test), let alone a lot of
hearing training, let's just say such a person would exist, why that
person can under no circumstances ever in his lifetime "know the
difference", unless he gets rid of all his professional qualification
(however that may work, perhaps by subjecting your ears to 24/7 of
nearfield jackhammering, combined with lots of alcohol and other
rock'n'roll drugs?), moves into a garage and becomes a professional.
Please fill me in.

----- original Nachricht --------