Re: Can anyone recommend a good compressor to use alongside an EDP?

I have not followed this thread all through, so please accept my
apologies if someone should have already recommended the RNC.

I like my FMR Audio RNC (Really Nice Compressor) very much. Before
going all laptop I used it as the last unit to balance my final
outgoing PA mix (merging EDP, Repeater, reverb loop return signal and
live instrument signal). When using a less powerful laptop I simply
ran the laptop stereo output through the RNC to give my sound
transparency and more dynamics.

Craig Anderton also likes the RNC and writes:

"I've never heard any compressor produce something like Super Nice
mode, which was definitely the way to go with program material. The
effect reminded me of what you get with something like a "loudness
maximizing" software plug-in, but with more analog character."
"Bottom line: This box is awesome."

http://www.fmraudio.com/

--
Greetings from Sweden