Re: Quickee Windows Laptop Looping advice sought from the Oldbies on this list

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> I saw an
> Acer laptop for 2500 kr here today, that about 480 dollars..

Wow - that's less than the insurance you buy from Apple so they will
give you a new one if your MacBook goes belly up!

When I had my studio based around Windows machines I used Ghost to
clone the entire hard drive and if something fucked up in the software
I didn't need to lose time troubleshooting because it was only a
matter of 8 minutes (!) to re-format the boot partition and slap back
the full Windows XP installation with all audio software. Something
like that might work for a lappie of 2008? If Homeland Security snags
it you can buy a new one super cheap and drop the Ghost image over it.
It wouldn't be an 8 minute affair for me, since at least Cycling74
demands one or two days to authorize my software. Hmm... I think
everything else I use can be authorized directly with my personal
codes.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen