Re: EDP technical help needed.................Andy?

hi Rick,
Just back from weekend in Suffolk.
(so sorry 'bout the wait)

Rick Walker wrote:
> I"m vexed over the behaviour of my EDP and think I may not know some of
> it's capabilities.
>
> Specifically,  I have a preset  (PRESET =0)
> where INS = SUS.
>
> I have this specifically to use the loop length changing capability of
> MULTIPLY = SUS (as controlled by INS = SUS).
>
> My problem is this.
>
> If I use this preset,   then switch INS = SUB   in the middle of my loop
> (to substitute 8th slices in my loop);
> change INS back to SUS to control my length of multiply,   MULTIPLY
> won't return to SUS anymore..
>
> Am I doing something wrong,

could be a bug, I'll check it out

>or is this just something the EDP won't do.

it *should* do it.....but if it doesn't I'm afraid there's no cure.

:-) but there's a really neat workaround.

If you do the SUS Mult by Direct Midi you can leave InsertMode=SUB

that's a SUSUnRoundMult,
which is  Note-On/Off 64

> Any help at all would be appreciated.
> yours,  Rick Walker
>
> Just to be completely accurate, here are all of my settings in this
>preset:
>
> PRESET 0
>
> LOP/DLY =  LOP
> QUANTIZE = 8th
> 8th/Cycle  =   5    (I want to use INS = SUB to replace slices and
> conform my loop to a 5/8 rhythm)
> SYNC  =  OFF
> THRESHOLD  = 0
> REC MODE = TOG
> OVERDUB  =  SUS  (love this one)
> ROUND =  OFF
> INS = SUS      then switches to    INS = SUB     then switches back to
> INS = SUS   all in the same loop
> MUTE = CNTRL
> OVERFLOW = STP
> CHANNEL = 1
> CNTRL SOURCE = NOT
> SOURCE # = 36
> VOLUME CONTROL = 7
> FEEDBACK/CNTRL  =  1
> MORE LOOPS = 1

:-) all the best tricks are with MORELOOPS=2

> AUTO RECORD = OFF
> SWITCH QUANT = OFF
> LOOP TRIG = 84   (should this be OFF?)

that should be ok