Re: What would loopers do without power? / Kinetics

What about "kinetic" looping? Envision a set up that had a giant
"squirrel cage" that the looper artist got into and ran inside of to
generate the action of a series of wheels, pulleys, gears, etc that
ended up striking strumming, whatever, a series of items what would
respond to making sounds. Of course, this set up would be limited to
one loop,
or maybe it could further be developed to where the looper artist
could leave the "cage", and go make some adjustments, or
substitutions to the sound making items and get back into the "cage"
and do his / her next "set". It could also be set up where a road
crew of "technicians" were standing close by to somehow quickly
switch out the sound making components, or to make some kinds of
"adjustments" or whatever, as the "live" performance was occurring.
Or even better, visualize a whole "orchestra" of these
set ups with looper artists in each "cage" and have "cyclic"
compositions a la Philip Glass, Steve Reich, etc, actually written
out and conducted for something with a title like
"Squirrel Cage Symphony". And, what a SIGHT that would be to see!

Oh wait. I forgot. The human brain runs on a series of electrical
impulses so I guess it is all not "electricity free" after all. Darn!
I thought I  HAD the answer!
Oh well. back to the drawing board...

-Rev. Fever

PS- But regardless of the "failure" above, another version, and one
that would likely be even easier to construct would be a set up that
did not have the "cage",
but was powered by a human ( or,even a chimpanzee! ) on a bicycle. I
could also envision a whole "orchestra" of those as well.
Excuse me now, I have to go drink some more green tea...