Re: OT: Hey Loopers< MF is blowing out Mackie SRM 350 p.a.portable PA speakers

Kris wrote:
"I love the RCFs, but realistically there is no "dramatic" difference
between
them, the Mackie's, and JBLs."

I don't know the JBLs but have heard nothing but good things about them,
but with the 10"  RCFs   and the 10" Mackies   I've had a lot of gigging
experience.

The RCFs are rated as going 10 hertz lower than the Mackies and its
a pretty dramatic difference to my ears,  especially in the realm of
kick drums and low frame drums (this, of course, is without the use of
subwoofers).

I don't know about the 12"  RCFs and 12"  Mackies, however,
having never heard a pair of 12"  RCFs but
I wanted to render a second opinion to Kris' informed one.

Either way, however,  with the incredibly cheap price of the Mackies
currently
and the fact that the USD is so challenged , viz a vis the Euro, (and
hence,
the RCFs)
that the price differntial , alone,  makes the Mackies more attractive to
first purchaser.

I'm just sayin'.

ps,  the only thing I've noticed about the RCF's, Mackies and JBLs, though
is that
in my pretty limited experience of the JBLs (only a couple of times live
through
other's systems)  that the Mackies and RCFs seemed to have more detail
with percussion sounds with the JBLs a bit woofier for lack of a better
term.

This may just be because the the RCF/Mackies have a midrange boost
that appeals to my rapidly deteriorating middle aged , rock damaged ears,
however.