Pan FX Returns in Loop Mix: Stereo/Mono?

I love having a stereo PA, although many live sound engineers will point
out that it makes for problems in many rooms where not everyone in the
room will be able to hear both speakers well.  So half of your mix may
be lost entirely to some members of the audience.

The common wisdom is that if all your instruments in the mix are stereo,
you often lose the sense of stereo altogether.  So - yes it makes
perfect sense to pan a mono source in your stereo mix. I almost always
prefer the guitar to be a mono signal centered or panned to one side
because I like it to have a focus - like a guitar amp on a stage does...

Dan Ash
White Plains, NY