Re: modifying the FCB1010

info at zoekeating wrote:
> ok, i want to saw off the expression pedals on my FCB1010. seriously.
> can it be done?
>
> anyone on this list good at that sort of thing?

I'll probably saw off one of the xpression pedals.  Yup, as others
already stated, the PSU will go, but nada problemas (and who want's to
route an ac,cable to a floor board anyways..) converting it to phantom
power is easy; just google the wibblyweb for +FCB1010 +phantom .
It's a mere matter of connecting remote power to the MIDI socket, using
a 7-pin MIDI cable instead of a 5 pin, AFAIR..

Don't worry about functionality; the controller will just not see the
swells (one, in my case, one of the swells).

--
rgds,
van Sinn