RE: Counterpoint quote

thankyou for posting the quote -
i was unaware of this mans life-
ive spent the past 5 hours reading about him and listening to his music,
just got to sax pax for a sax-
beats the hell outa jerry springer

..so ill post my favorite quote from my readings..

PSF: You're also working on Overtone Tree?

That's one of my symphonies that I've been working on for twenty years. I
finally got it finished now. I've been doing a lot of other work but this
is a major work. I don't expect that it'll be ever played. It'll probably
be buried with me. It's written for four conductors- one main conductor
and three assitants because at one time, there may be as many as sixty or
seventy parts going and one conductor can't hanlde that. It's all
counterpointal. So each conductor would have his own score and be in
charge of a certain section of the orchestra. It's based on the first nine
overtones and I tried that as a theme in '73 on the northwest corner of
55th Street and Sixth Avenue- that's where I got the idea to use overtones
as a theme. After I worked on it, I went to Europe. I was in Hamburg in
'75 and I was working on the overtones and I finally realized that I had
something interesting here. It was a code. I didn't know it was a code but
I cracked the code and found out how to develop it. Ten years later, I
found out what it was. I wasn't looking for a code.

That code proves that not only whoever created the universe does exist but
he, I call him the mega-mind, wants us to know he exists. Within this
code, it also proves that contraction must come before expansion. It also
proves that a cause can become an effect and an effect can become a cause.
It proves the two-directionality of time. It proves that the past is the
future and the future is the past. All this flys in the face of what
Hubble did, saying that there was a big bang and an expansion of the
universe. His is a theory but mine is a fact. A fact incontrovertable, as
I call it. They talked about these theories of mine on National Public
Radio.

...well not really a quote...more like a paragraph

thanks again
> From: sambacomet@hotmail.com
> To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Counterpoint quote
> Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:51:56 -0700
>
>  And if you're going to listen to the old masters,you might as well
>listen to the modern master of counterpoint- Moondog!

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving