RE: Laptop Audio Interface

> I was considering the Motu Ultralite.

I have an Ultralite and like it.  The features of the RME and MOTU
seem to be about equal but the general consensus seems to be that the
RME has slightly better sound quality and better mic pres.  You'll
have to decide if that's worth the extra cost, for me it wasn't.

The one problem I have had with other MOTU devices (828mkII) is that
they work well on Macs but the Windows drivers tend to lag behind in
stability.  I had a consistent problem with the 828 crashing Windows
XP if you turned it's power off and back on.  I've been using the
Ultralite with Vista for about 6 months now with no obvious problems
(other than Vista).

Jeff