RE: counterpoint quote

Along similar lines… has anyone tried performing Terry Reilly’s  “In C”  by looping themselves playing all the parts ?

-Qua

From: aaronleese@flyloops.com [mailto:aaronleese@flyloops.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:32 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: counterpoint quote

Hey all-

Just reading on wikipedia and came across a really nice quote that I thought people here might enjoy discussing from a looping pov.

It is hard to write a beautiful song. It is harder to write several individually beautiful songs that, when sung simultaneously, sound as a more beautiful polyphonic whole. The internal structures that create each of the voices separately must contribute to the emergent structure of the polyphony, which in turn must reinforce and comment on the structures of the individual voices. The way that is accomplished in detail is...'counterpoint'.

-John Rahn

I bring it up of course, since counterpoint is one of those things that can be fairly easily accomplished with looping .... You hear it in some of the audioclips people have posted here for that matter.  I wonder if anyone here has looped any bach .....  ?  Send it over if yah have ....... I would love to hear that.