Re: Looking for Plug-In

Hmmm...are you sure software will resolve your problem? I grappled with
this
a while back. I was using a 6 string mandolin (just one of those feather
pickips) and the LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI, which sounds excellent, as the
interface into my laptop. I have found that you really need to do this
sort
of acoustic conditioning and re-leveling before you go to the laptop.  If
you plug directly into the laptop via your audio interface, you are going
bring in all the audio problems that an external acoustic
pre-amp/conditioner is designed to remove (like the hum, EQ issues,
impedence issues, etc), and then you are faced withi fixing them in your
computer before you even get a chance to improve your sound.  I have
max/msp, and I have created all sorts of patches to try to "doctor up" the
tone of a pure acoustic instrument plugged into my Fireface 400 audio
interface, and nothing is satisfactory. Nothing! It is crap in, crap out.
You need to give your audio interface the best possible signal, not a load
of shit, and try to repair it.  You are better off using what you have now
or installing a pre-amp in your acoustic instrument.  I have spent hours
on
this problem, btw, because I am all about simplication and letting the
computer do as much as possible. This is not a problem that I have solve
with the computer only. To this day, any acoustic instrument I plug into
my
laptop audio interface, either has its own preamp, or I plug into my LR
Baggs.

Kris