Re: New concept for looping control - extremely small and portable!

Hey Per

thanks for the details.

>  When these two crap out on me I will go for some USB powered
> button pad thing that also has analog inputs for simple foot switches
> and expression pedals.
Is there actually anything like that out there??? Having an (optional)
expression pedal would be so cool...

I'm still thinking about this 1-pedal thing. You know, at the moment, I
count 20 pedal buttons on my floor and I usually use a dozen of them while
looping. So, call me a bit biased ;-))
Nevertheless some thoughts:
Couldn't you work it out like this:
- Have your footpedal always trigger a MIDI CC with the number retrieved
from a variable
- Incidentally, pressing the footpedal once will increase the variable+1
- So next time you press it, it wil trigger the next MIDI CC (whatever you
assign to it)
- Have your Faderbox buttons assign specific values to that variable
Example:
1. Press Faderfox button A => Assigns variable="12"
2. Press foot pedal => sends a MIDI CC 12 and sets variable++="13"
3. Press foot pedal again => sends a MIDI CC 13 and sets variable="14"...
4. Press Faderfox button B => Assigns variable="30"
5. Press foot pedal => sends a MIDI CC 30 and sets variable="31"

Another option would be actually to have some buttons that you can very
quickly access (i.e. while playing the guitar). So you would train these
double-moves of rapidly pressing a key manually and then stomping the
footpedal. Something like the Akai MPC buttons or a 25-key midi keyboard
would work well for that I could imagine.

While I'm at it:
What do you really need a footpedal for, really? Personally, I mostly sync
everything to the first cycle. So the only things time critical that a
footpedal would need to trigger would be:
- Begin of first loop
- End of first loop
- End of a multiply (i.e. when both hands are occupied)
Anthing else could be easily triggered manually when set to switching at
loop/cycle end, I guess.

Best regards
Buzap

-------- Original-Nachricht --------