Re: Quest for a mobile recorder - how manufacturers do designs...

The reason for this is that after the D/A converter the signal (which
is a series of discreet stepped voltages) is passed through a low-pass
filter (to smooth out the edges).  At 192khz, the cutoff frequency is
high enough that it won't cause any noticeable effect on the audio
signal.

All, the same... I work at 48khz.  The bit depth seems to make a
bigger difference than the sample rate (at least for my work) so I run
at 24 bit, 48khz.

The reason I run at 48khz is that my Kurzweil's (K2600) ADAT output is
at 48khz.

-- Kevin