Quest for a mobile recorder - how manufacturers do designs...

> the Zooms. The device is intended for professional video work
> (like the older r-4 and r-4 pro), and can record up to 192k
> at 24 bit depth.

It's always funny why people bother with 192kHz. Let's take the R-44 as an
example: frequency response is specified as 20-40k (+0/-3dB), which
typically comes down to about 20-27k (+0/-0.1) - so why do people even
bother with 192kHz?

> Subjectively, I am very pleased with the unit. I've been

This is a statement that is imo much more valuable than the 192kHz...and
I'll definitely consider the R-44 (although it's more than three times the
price, about eight times the size and more than ten times the weight of the
Zoom H2...)

        Rainer