Re: mobius for mac

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> How different is Mobius from Sooperlooper. Both use the EDP paradigm. Is
> Mobius superior?

No. I use both and think the question whether one "is superior" has
more to do with the needs of a particular user. Read the manuals and
you will find out which one is best for you!

As for me, I like the scripting function of Mobius, which allows me to
set up my own version of functionalities - like for example assigning
many looper functions to the same control button (first press goes
Record, second press goes Overdub, third press does leave Overdub
mode... etc etc). Another user might like SooperLooper better because
it runs both under Linux and Mac OS X, or because it supports OSC.
These two loopers are quite different.

Mobius started out from the EDP paradigm, but I think it has now grown
into a unique looper in its own right. Since the first version it must
have picked up many hundred percent new functionality,  compared to
the "square one" original EDP concept. This happened thanks to the
dedicated Mobius mailing list and the fact that developer Jeff Larson
for a period happened to have a lot of time available to implement all
the crazy feature wishes we kept spamming his list with ;-)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)