Re: mobius for mac

Per Boysen wrote:
> If this is going to happen I hope it will be an AU port!
>
> Apple is putting some serious effort into a validation system to keep
> badly coded AU plug-ins out of the market.

translate:-
"Apple are looking into a way to get money.....again....just like M$"

there are 2 main ways a plug-in can crash

1) it accesses an area of memory that it shouldn't, only way to
   solve that would be to somehow ban plugins written in C++, C

2) it goes into an infinite loop for some reason...there's no way
   to guarantee that won't happen.

However, it *is* possible to work out some way of certificating the
file that contains the software, and getting the host to refuse
to run it. Microsoft already have something similar in place,  causing
Windows to display an "Unknown Publisher" message.

Any validation system is going to be an expense for the developer.

Don't worry though, you should always be able to use any AU plugs
in non-Apple owned hosts.

andy butler