Re: software looper

 > I would like to develop it further but I have to "put food on my
 > family" so I'd need to make it into a viable commercial product.
 >
 > I'll tap into the collective knowledge of this list and ask: is there
 > a market for an innovative Mac / PC software looper?

I've dabbled in software looping for a few years.  I think there is
certainly interest in software loopers, especially by the members of
this list and I'm sure you'll get a lot of "HELL YEAH! I'LL BUY IT"
messages.

But in my experience the market for this is not large enough yet to
make a living at it.  Realistically, if you make a good product with
some novel features you could probably make a few tens of thousands of
dollars over a few years, but you'll have to be serious about
marketing and customer support.  It's up to you to decide if that's
worth your while.

There are other low-cost software loopers out there with similar
features so be sure to research these and make something better or
different.  The most important loopers you should study are Ambiloop,
Augustus Loop, Kenaxis, Logelloop, Mobius, and SooperLooper.  There
are others but I think these have the most features and the largest
number of users.

Regards,
Jeff