Daryl Shawn

   I had the good fortune to see Daryl perform a couple of shows this
past weekend and just want to encourage anyone on his tour route to
come on out and show some love! :)

   Firstly he's a phenomenal guitarist and looping artist.  Secondly,
he's a phenomenal singer / song writer;  And thirdly, he's just
phenomenally fun to hang with!  lol!  -did I say phenomenal?  :)

   Anyway, yeah, we had good times and the shows were upbeat and fun!

• Echo Curio - Sat eve;

   The space was a way interesting lil art venue with some *very* down-
to-earth proprietors and audience.  -Very open / supportive environment.

   Daryl played second in a trifecta of looping artists, (most people
there were familiar with looping, though not with LD) all of whom
brought differing flavors to the table.  Daryl did a very cool glitchy
cassette looping set, -also pitching and blending his looped melodies
by adjusting tape speed / volume, seamlessly mixing his live playing
in real-time.  Tres cool sound manglage was had by all, with all of
the interesting tape regeneration effects going on!  -Very
wild!!!  :)  woohoo!!!

• AC Lounge - Sun eve;

   AC Lounge is a great / upscale space on the West Side, which
features live / local talent every Sunday evening.  :)  It's a nice
club, and they mix a *mean* Lemmondrop!  lol!  I mean, OMG!  was this
thing heavy handed!  :)

   anyway, Daryl was on first this time, doing a great folk set,
sounding terrific!  He also did some acrobatics as well, which I'll
let him tell ya about if he wants!  :)  Anyway, the crowd loved him!

   He was followed by two other local folk artists; -also excellent,
though the crowd, by the third artist, began to get a bit louder, but
the house sound didn't keep up.  I'd have liked to hear that
performance a bit louder, but that was soon made up for with the last
two bands which were exceedingly loud.  By that point though, the
crowd got a bit too much like the usual bar crowd for my tastes, and I
baled.  I must say though, that I think it's way cool that the AC
Lounge supports the variety of music I heard last night!  Kudos to
them!…

   anyway, the practical upshot of all this is simply - GO SEE
DARYL!!!  :)  that is your mission, should you choose to accept it!  :)

   Have an awesome evening and hope y'all will send along notes as the
tour progresses?…  Would love to read them.

   Have a lovely, and talk witchy'all soon!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at: