Re: Let's play a game- it's called Imagine The Perfect Looper

nick ingvoldstad schrieb:
> I'm a Junior and I'm trying to do this as a project, but ideally take it
> to the point of manufacturing and selling.  In order to do this, I'm
> going to have to slave over something like C++ or .NET for months ....

One pretty interesting way to go, would be to create a stompbox/rack
space with a decent general purpose computer inside, a firewire
connection for an audio interface. Then install Linux on it. Configure
it in a way that it boots up fast and without the need of keyboard,
screen and mouse (though you should be able to attach them). Then
install also Pd on it. Build the looper in Pd. (Pd can run without GUI...)
This has several advantages, it won't require slaving over c++, any Pd
programmer could just create her on patch to run in it, you could even
run vst's inside the patch...

There are general purpose boxes like that around, but they are in the
price range of 2000 $/Euros and they would not run a custom Pd patch...

Just thinking of an EeePC without screen, might do it already. You would
configure the box for those who are not familiar with all this Linux
stuff, and it would basically work like any stomp box.
The user would have his own choice for an audio interface, which could
be fixed in a rack/box...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------