Re: Real Time Sampling

Matt Davignon schrieb:
> I think it requires less explanation. My experience is that most of the
> people who know what "looping"is are themselves loopers. I've only met a
> few non-loopers who know what it is.

But the same is true for "real-time samplers" might be even worse, as
all the loopers don't know it either....

Though I do the same, I call my instrument "Les Ondes Memorielles"...
To explain it, I tell the people I am looping...

> Also, as Matt Stevens alluded, "live looping" also evokes a particular
> genre of music, which I don't think represents what I sound like. (In
> the way that not every band who jams would identify as 'a jam band'.)

I have attended some live looping festivals, and I can tell you, never
in my life I've ever seen more diversity in style within one festival.
It might be true for all other communities, but not for the looping
community... I am sure you'll fit into any of them...
Looping is not a style, its a method and/or an instrument. A Cello
doesn't define a style either. Don't get fooled by the fact that a
majority of the list members seem to play guitar...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------