Re: Real Time Sampling

Gah ... thanks, I like my navel just the way it is ... don't need to
do any more gazing.

This is why I am moving away from saying, to audiences and listeners,
that I am a "looper" ... the terms get in the way of the music. I've
started just saying that I am a guitarist. When they look at the gear
and start asking questions, I can tell them what each bit does,
provide an example of it and MAYBE we'll hear the mental synapses
click into place. Having referents in the form of other musicians
often helps them to make their own connections.

One of the difficulties with these kinds of discussions is that we
(The List) are "preaching to the choir". I'm not saying we should stop
(for the sake of folks who are just discovering the List and the use
of looping), but just that sometimes the discussion gets a little too
circular.

Ya know?

Dennis