RE: Jamie Lidell

The video is really interesting,  wonder if he does that too
-Qua

-----Original Message-----
From: rithma [mailto:rithers@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 3:41 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Jamie Lidell

http://tinyurl.com/5x4t59

i just saw the "collated list of looping artists"  and didnt notice
him on there.
then i did a search on my entire loopers delight history AND HE ISNT
MENTIONED ON HERE ONCE
This mans music has changed my entire life.   His albums the
soundtrack to many a friend's soul,
his solo looping shows sounding nothing like his albums...

He's hired a backup band at this point so his show is a lot less
looping,
but he was the first guy ive ever seen hold a whole audience  with his
microphone and his self designed max/MSP looper:

this still gets me jumping on my furniture...dissolving into total
chaos as we all got to  do someday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKqE1d1ucRg&feature=related

and his retrospective on cycling 74:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc6g4rySFqI

anyways, thought he deserved a mention...
/rithers