RE: OT: Update on my mini jazz archtop guitar ("The Little Mammoth")

The guy who works on my guitars fixes and modifies a lot of expensive
Martins, Taylors and other such acoustics, so he keeps fossil ivory around.
When I took my early 1990s Gibson Flying V to him to change the tuners (I
play slide on it, using 13-60 gauge strings and the old tuners gave out),
he
also installed a mastodon tusk nut, similar to what you are describing.  It
really helps the open strings to ring out nicely and has been on there a
good while.

I was there when he was making the nut--sure made a weird smell on his drum
sander...

dave

micdave@hiwaay.net

Interesting! Small hollow-body guitars are nice. I have played the
Ibanez Georg Benson model a lot and think it's awesome. This was an
old post of Kris' pen that bounced back into the loop - will you post
a follow up? How does the Little Mammoth do now when it's finally out
there making noise in your hands?

Per