Re: Let's play a game- it's called Imagine The Perfect Looper

   Hello, -an evocative / provocative first posting!  :)

   I don't know that I've ever contributed to this sort of topic
before, but why not, right?…  lol!

   Okay, for myself, for hardware loopers, I prefer the EDP and
Electrix Repeater.

   I suppose I'll just do a feature list here and explain when
necessary…

• stereo input / output / looped signal
• true bypass
• good midi sync - I.E. The Repeater always worked well for me,
following a dynamically changing clock source

• ability to save loops on a memory card or similar tech
• ability to redefine loop length on the fly I.E.  sus unrounded
multiply in the EDP

• tap tempo to quantize / sync loop record / playback
• non-loop windowing undo I.E. Loop Windowing in the EDP began as a
'bug' - I'd love the ability to undo a multiply as well as the looped
material itself

• undo past reverse I.E.  in the EDP if one creates a loop, and then
reverses it and adds further material, only the material after the
reverse has happened can be undone

• time stretching I.E.  As the Repeater does, I'd love the ability to
have a loop dynamically change length  and pitch to match a changing
tempo, thereby preserving its original pitch as it morphs to the new
tempo

• midi pitch variance I.E.  again, as in the Repeater's ability to
preserve the loop's length while changing it's pitch via midi source

• sus functions I.E.  the ability to make functionality happen only
while holding down a pedal or control surface as in the EDP

• multiple loops either in parallel or series I.E.  a combo of the EDP
and REpeater here - the ability to play more than one loop either at
once or one at a time in series

• synchronous or asynchronous play of parallel loops

   I think that's enough for now!  lol!  I'll probably think of more,
and this really isn't including every specific 'basic' feature of the
EDP or Repeater, as in replace or insert etc.

   Anyway, thanks for the note and have a great day / evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jun 11, 2008, at 10:28 PM, nick ingvoldstad wrote:

> Hey everyone :) this is my first post. Great community here!
>
> My name's Nick; I'm an electrical engineering student at Virginia
> Tech.  I am on a team of PhD students and ECE Professors designing a
> music looper intended to be market-competitive.  What I would so
> greatly appreciate from ye loop enthusiasts are your honest and
> detailed testimonies!
>
> I read the "building our own looper" thread and would like to bump
> that idea.  So if this were the greatest dream you ever had, in
> which The Perfect Looper were to be coming in the mail this
> afternoon, and you DIDN'T wake up before getting to play with it...
> what would playing with it be like?  Its features, its interface,
> its structure, everything.
>
> Since your experience is with existing products, you could describe
> relative to existing devices like a Boss RC or a JamMan.  Which
> features are most conducive to a free creative experience with your
> own personal style?  Which features have annoyances or limitations?
>
> What do you wish your device did?
>
> I hope that with this community as essentially representatives of
> loop lovers in general, we can make The Perfect Looper a reality.
>
> I promise its availability by Spring 2009.

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn