Re: Let's play a game- it's called Imagine The Perfect Looper

Wow!  Thank you all SO much for taking the time to respond and help me out with this.  I've taken the time to address every one of you :)

Modular. Different aspects of every function should be up in the
"preferences settings" to activate or deactivate. You would come
pretty close by taking the existing Mobius looper and integrating
everyones favorite scripts into it (extended EDP paradigm).
---------------------------
I agree; since everyone is going to want to use this differently, I will be doing my best to make it flexible by having preferences for a couple things: When and how it begins recording, when and how it stops recording, whether or not record takes will be beatmapped and cut to fit the tempo (won't want loops to diverge unless you're doin a little Steve Reich experiment haha), etc.

I've downloaded Mobius and am playing with it and exploring its features.  It seems more complicated than I want.  For instance, I don't think it's necessary for the looper to know what time signature you're playing in.  I'm having a hard time finding scripts for it on Google, I assume its that people write them and host them online for others?
---------------------------
For those who don't like to start out "in the music" there could be
"functionality presets" in the preferences so they can start out "in
the looper".
---------------------------
I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate?

Per forgot to mention that it should have MIDI, Firewire, USB2, and
optical interfaces to work cross-platform with "NIX, Mac, and PCs, and
have 3 expression pedal inputs, too.
---------------------------
I do like the idea of having it interface with MIDI, Firewire, and USB.  If this becomes expensive it might just have to be USB and MIDI.  What would the advantage of having Firewire capabilities along with USB be?  I probably am not thinking of something, but I know that Macs and PC's both support USB and that Firewire is faster than USB, but if that's the only advantage then I think USB is fast enough.

As far as pedal inputs, I was thinking that people could run their instruments through a pedal and then run that into the input if they wanted to do so, and multiple inputs would allow people to run different pedals into different inputs, using them simultaneously.  Is this the functionality you were getting at?  I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.
---------------------------
Oh, and 8 1/4" stereo inputs and
8 outs, plus cost less than $500 US ... oh, and list members get to
beta test it first!

*GRIN ...hey, we ARE dreaming here.
---------------------------
I like the idea of multiple inputs and corresponding outputs for each track if one wishes, along with one 1/4" output for the sum of all, if that's all one needs.  It SHOULD cost less than $500, I am not planning for it to be more than that.
P.S. Can you make it go to 11 1/2? 11 is so, I don't know ... so 90s.
Again, I'm sorry for not being able to communicate fluently with you all yet, but what do you mean by this? 11 what?

The perfect looper, though I really don't like that term "perfect", is one that would morph and evolve with me over time, adding new features and removing others, vs. being a static set of features and functionality.
What if when a new version were released, you could mail yours to them, pay the difference, and get the new version in return?  Or would you like to be able to request features to be added or removed from your model, and get a customized machine shipped to you?

To me, "perfection" means it exactly meets the defined requirements. The problem is that different people and different situations will have different requirements. Here are mine:

- intended for guitar players
- single-width floor stompbox (see Guyatone's Micro Effects series)