Re: In praise of Logic Express

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Os <os@collective.co.uk> wrote:
> I meant Jobs's second coming, yes.
>
> Mind you that biege G3 Mac I had was rock solid. Upgraded it for years
> (remember when you could upgrade Macs?). No fan = no noise. Superb.

Yes, those G3s were ok. But I never got one, since I had already
swapped my 25 MB CPU Mac Centris with a Digidesign nubus audio card
for a row of PCs and I was then busy overclocking those first Celeron
CPUs to run audio recording natively in the box. Jeez, you could
hardly compress an mp3 on a Mac back then! Didn't look back to Mac
until the G5 came around. But that decision was also influenced by
Apple's investment in Emagic (Logic developer) and OS X officially
targeting MIDI and Audio, two things I found promising for the future.

per