Re: What kind of setup do you guys use for live looping? Question about routing,mixer/amp suggestions.

So, I don't even need an extra amplifier, just a monitor and powered speakers of some sort?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Sjaak <tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> Marcus wrote
> Main question: What kind of mixer should I get (only need 2 1/4" inputs,
> bus, stereo outs), and what kind of amp will allow me to accurately
> replicate my guitar/synth tones?
> Could I use powered monitors instead of buying a new amp?

I plays synths. For synth and guitar you need a full-range amp/monitor with a 12" or 15" woofer to replicate the basses well. A built in limiter is recommended, synths can easily blow your speakers :)

Do do play mono or stereo? I personally prefer active systems, it's easier to setup when you're playing live and you won't need a separate 19" rack for your power amp. There are many different bi-amped multi-purpose monitors on the market these days, many price ranges as well. Popular models are the JBL EON and Mackie SRM series.

Sjaak

http://home.scarlet.be/gare-d-anvers/sjaak/