Re: Beginning looper - studio monitor, PA?

I've recently picked up a pair of Behringer B212A 400 Watt powered speakers and I am very satisfied with them - particularly considering the $229/each price point. I am only using them at home for jamming/home recording, though. They are plenty loud. They seem to have a little more bottom than I personally need but when I run the output of my Fender Cyber-Twin to my mixer then on to the Behringers, they sound pretty darn sweet.

Regards, Paul

--- On Mon, 6/9/08, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:

From: David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com>
Subject: Beginning looper - studio monitor, PA?
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 9:35 PM

Hi All,

Just ordered a Boss RC-50 and am pretty excited.  I find myself now
wondering for the first time, what do I do for sound output as my amp
will likely be input for the RC-50?  The options of the PA world are
somewhat blinding.

Apartment playing will be the main area of use with the occasional
trek to a friend's house.  I also plan to record and don't have any
monitors so wondering if I could combine the needs.  The thing that
makes me nervous about that is putting a nice pair of studio monitors
in my car a couple times a month and driving for 2 hrs seems like a
really bad idea.

If I go the PA route, I'm not sure what the wisest choice may be.
Could I get by with a single active/powered PA speaker?  Do I need two
for any reason?  On the active vs. passive topic is there a good
motivation for passive?

Too many options....

Anyone have an recommendations?  (What would you do, any particular
items you like?)

-David